Updated: October 5th, 2016
Information that We Collect:
Personal Information that You Provide to Us. We collect Personal Information, as described below.
- When you register for an Account on one of our Sites or Apps, we collect your name, e-mail address, e-mail preferences, and password for your Account. You may also provide us additional information on an optional basis in connection with your Account and/or your use of our Sites, Apps, Offerings, or Site Content such as your year of birth, gender, and years of education.
- If you choose to add information to your user profile, we will collect that information, such as your year of birth and geographical location.
- When you choose to participate in a survey, we may collect your name, e-mail address, state of residence, ZIP code, phone number, age, gender and/or other requested information.
- When you give us Feedback (including by filling out a Feedback form), we may collect any information that is contained in your Feedback.
- When you contact us by sending us an e-mail, fax, or letter, we collect your e-mail address, fax number, or mailing address, and any information contained in the e-mail, fax, or letter you send us.
- When you pay for any Offering, or other goods or services offered for purchase on our Sites or Apps, we collect your name, phone number, e-mail address, mailing address, billing address, and complete credit card or other payment method information that enables us to receive your payment
Training Record and Offering-Specific Information
- Your Training Record. Your training record includes your user name and user profile, actions, connections to other users, dates that you accessed the program, program performance, score, levels achieved, and other training achievements (collectively, the “Training Record”). This Training Record is automatically created for every user of an Offering. The Training Record, along with your user name and user profile, is used to identify you as a user of an Offering and certain portions of your Training Record as designated therein are visible to your Friend Network.
- Offering-Specific Information. Offering-specific information includes information about your use of a specific Offering, including your Training Record, the device used to access the Offering, features used, total online training sessions and duration, and IP address (collectively, “Offering-Specific Information”). We use Offering-Specific Information to understand your use and preferences with respect to the applicable Offering and to improve the Offerings.
- Invite a Friend. If you choose to use our “invite a friend” service to tell a friend about our Sites, Apps, or our products or services or to invite a friend to participate with you in an Offering, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We may offer you the option of logging into and using a third party service, such as Facebook, to provide your friends’ names and email addresses. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit or use the Sites, Apps, or Offerings, as applicable. 30-Day Brain stores this information for the purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
Information Collected via Technology. We collect information through technology as described below:
- As you use our Sites, Apps, Offerings, or Site Content, some information may also be collected passively, including your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, browser type and plugins, operating systems, screen size and resolution, and access time. When you use the Offerings, Apps, or Sites, we may collect information on which pages or portions of the pages you click on.
- Like many websites we use “Cookies” and other standard web technology to collect information for our own use. A “Cookie” is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk for record keeping purposes. We may use session Cookies (which expire once you close your browser) or a persistent Cookie, which remains on your computer’s hard drive for an extended period of time.
- We may collect information using Email beacons. Email beacons are electronic images that may be used in our emails. We use Email beacons to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Use of Information
- We use your Personal Information to respond to requests that you make, to personalize your online experience on our Sites, Apps, and Offerings, secure your Account on our network, and provide and improve our Sites, Apps, Offerings, Site Content, and our services.
- We track IP addresses in conjunction with session Cookies on your computer to analyze our web page flow and to keep track of your session information. We also use IP addresses to determine your approximate geographic location. We set a persistent Cookie on your computer to store your password if you choose “auto login”, so you don’t have to enter it more than once. Most web browsers accept Cookies by default, but allow users to reject Cookies by changing the browser preferences. If you have set up your browser to reject Cookies, our Sites, Offerings, and/or Site Content will not work properly.
- We may use your Personal Information to send you electronic newsletters or promotional e-mails, unless you have requested not to receive such promotional communications from us.
- We may create Anonymous Information records from Personal Information. We reserve the right to use and disclose Anonymous Information at our discretion.
- Any Feedback you provide will be governed by the Terms and Conditions.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- We may work with certain third party organizations to provide enhanced Offerings. If you elect to participate in such Enhanced Offerings, we may share your Personal Information with such third party organizations for their marketing purposes.
- From time to time, we may enter into agreements with companies that make our Apps, Sites, Offerings, Enhanced Offerings and other services available to the customers and/or the members of such companies (“Third Party Companies”). Pursuant to the terms of these agreements, we may provide such Third Party Companies access to Personal Information that we collect from their respective users for their own data processing, analytics, license management and internal business needs. If you have obtained access to our Offerings, Enhanced Offerings, Apps or services via a Third Party Company, we may share your information with such Third Party Company in accordance with this Section 3(C). The privacy policies of these Third Party Companies may apply to the use and disclosure of your Personal Information that we collect and disclose to such Third Party Companies. Because we do not control the privacy practices of Third Party Companies, you should read and understand their privacy policies.
- We may provide your Personal Information to third party service providers who work on behalf of or with us to provide our Sites, Apps, Site Content, or Offerings. However, these service providers are obligated to use your Personal Information only to provide services to us and not to disclose your Personal Information (except pursuant to a legal requirement such as a subpoena or warrant).
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
- We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. When you receive promotional communications from us or our Sites or Apps, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further promotional communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the promotional e-mail you receive.
- You may change the email address, password and preferences you submitted for your Account at any time by contacting 30-Day Brain as described below. You may request deletion of your Personal Information by us, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request, only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete Personal Information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
Regarding Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Information about users who are under the age of 13.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, but no company, including 30-Day Brain, can fully eliminate security risks connected to handling information on the internet. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SECURITY SAFEGUARDS, BY THEIR NATURE, ARE CAPABLE OF CIRCUMVENTION AND 30-DAY BRAIN DOES NOT AND CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL NOT BE ACCESSED BY UNAUTHORIZED PERSONS CAPABLE OF OVERCOMING SUCH SAFEGUARDS. IN PARTICULAR, OUR SITE AND APP MAY BE USED TO ACCESS AND TRANSFER INFORMATION, INCLUDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, OVER THE INTERNET. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT 30-DAY BRAIN DOES NOT OPERATE OR CONTROL THE INTERNET AND THAT UNAUTHORIZED USERS (SUCH AS HACKERS) MAY USE VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, AND OTHER UNDESIRABLE DATA AND SOFTWARE TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO OR DAMAGE OUR SITES, APPS, OR YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. Furthermore, we cannot be responsible for any of your Personal Information that you release on your own, or that you request or authorize us to release.